Some quick airport tips:
- Arrive at the airport at least two hours before your flight. Depending on the airport, your group size, the travel weekend, and other factors that could cause delays, you should use best judgment to arrive even earlier. Some of the places we visit can be reached by only one flight per day, and we want to avoid unnecessary delays if at all possible. Arriving early gives you the best options to be able to rebook quickly if that becomes necessary due to delays outside of our control.
- Check your luggage in all the way to our destination unless instructed otherwise.
- Carefully check the luggage policy of the airline you are flying with to confirm how many checked baggage policies, carry-on restrictions, and other information specific to your booking.
- Go directly to your gate before stopping to shop or eat. Check flight statuses and always keep an eye on your watch.
- When you get to the airport where the entire mission team is meeting, meet up with the team and let your team leader know that you have made it before exploring the airport.
- The team typically meets at one airport before departing for the mission destination. Usually, the rendezvous point is Atlanta, New York, or Detroit, but you will be told ahead of time what where you will expect to meet the team.
- Preferably, someone from your group should text or call the MMO contact person (typically Christine) each time you or your group changes planes. This allows our staff to know your progress. If there are ANY unexpected flight changes, delays, or problems of any kind, please text or call immediately, so that we work to resolve issues or alter arrangements quickly.