What We Do
One of the most popular clinics with patients is our vision team!
- The lines are usually very long, and the needs are great.
- Our vision teams perform routine eye exams- using charts, auto-refractors, and other methods to match patients up with the correct glasses.
- While we take thousands of glasses with us, we always find there are more vision problems than supplies.
- We are seeking to partner with ophthalmologists, optometrists, and other trained personnel to help in this area.
Every country we visit features a medical clinic.
- Episodic care is a foundational part of MMO, and offers an immediate in-road to the communities we serve.
- We travel with a limited laboratory and full pharmacy. We partner with local healthcare professionals when possible and refer appropriate patient cases if needed.
- These clinics depend on the help of MDs, DOs, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Registered Nurses, LPNs, CNAs, EMTs, Paramedics, and other medical professionals.
The need for dental care is overwhelming.
- Cleaning and cosmetic dentistry is not usually the focus of our dental clinics.
- Most cases we see consist of examinations and extractions.
- These cases can be labor intensive, but are readily welcomed and appreciated.
- MMO is seeking partnership from dentists, hygienists, and other dental professionals.
The most difficult team to prepare for, and the most sought after team, is the surgical team.
- Depending on the specialty of the surgeon, we try our best to provide surgical procedures at no cost to patients that have not had access to or funding for their needed procedure.
- General surgical procedures such as: hernia repair, gall bladder/stone removal, and other soft tissue cases are performed most frequently.
- The need for orthopedic and palate repair are requested routinely.
- If you are a surgeon, first assist, scrub nurse, or OR tech, we would love for you to join us in reaching out to those in need of surgical corrections.
Medical Missions Outreach partners with Baptist churches to evangelize the lost and disciple believers. We are privileged to assist dedicated missionaries and church planters to fulfill the great commission.