Trip Calendar

Medical
Optical
Physical Therapy

Mar 6 - 15, 2025

$3,750

Buwunga Subcounty, Uganda

Jim and Michelle Telman, Mbira Baptist Church

Jim and Michelle have 7 children, and their youngest, James, John, and Peter, serve as missionaries in a village outside of Masaka Town, Uganda. They’re located at a crossroads of approximately 20 villages in which about 5,000 people reside. Jim and Michelle were lay workers in their church when God used a short-term trip in 2010 to call them to full time ministry in Uganda. They joined the ministry in 2012 and he became the pastor of Mbira Baptist Church in 2018. Jim also serves as the director of their primary and secondary schools.

Jim and Michelle pray that this clinic would allow them to see many people saved and join the church. They’re also praying that the team will inspire many of their students to pursue medical schooling and careers. Most people living in this region cannot afford basic medical care. Even the ‘free’ care provided at the government hospital requires transportation and appreciation which could cost an entire week’s wages. Because of this, many residents choose herbal medicine from a ‘local doctor’. 

The Ugandan people are beautiful. They are very creative and love life. They are very relational people and would love to sit and talk for hours. The children are full of joy, even though they don’t have much. 

Connect with them:
www.thetelmans.net
https://www.facebook.com/graceprojectUG

 

You can sign up for their newsletters by sending an email request to [email protected]

 




 

Uganda is known as the “Pearl of Africa” (a title given by Winston Churchill). In spite of years of civil wars and political power struggles, they are marked by their welcoming spirit.

Uganda is a landlocked country on the equator in East Africa, about the size of Oregon, with a diverse landscape, from snow-capped mountains to the immense Lake Victoria. Lake Victoria is the second largest freshwater lake in the world, and the source of the White Nile. Uganda’s abundant wildlife includes chimpanzees and rare birds, giraffes, elephants, antelopes, and buffaloes, as well as hippopotamuses and crocodiles in lakes and rivers. Uganda is one of only 3 countries in the world that still has wild mountain gorillas.

From 1894, the area was ruled as a protectorate by the United Kingdom. Uganda gained independence from the UK in 1962. The official language is still English, with Swahili approved as a second official language in 2005. Uganda is home to about 48 million people, and astonishingly, almost half of Ugandans are under the age of 15.

Most Ugandans farm and 70% of the land is used for agriculture. Uganda exports coffee, tea, tobacco, cotton, corn, beans, sesame, flowers, vanilla, and fish. Crude oil, gold, and natural gas are also exported.

Uganda is sadly one of the poorest and most corrupt countries in the world. In 2019, over 40% of the population lived on less than $1.90 a day. Child labor is common in Uganda, and because the poor cannot support their children at school, girls often drop out of school to help in domestic work or to get married.

Uganda has no official state religion. According to the 2014 census, approximately 80% of Uganda’s population identifies as Christian, with Roman Catholics and Anglicans being the two largest Christian denominations. The remaining 20% consists of Muslims and smaller religious groups.

 For more country information, click here https://www.cia.gov/the-world-factbook/countries/

 

 

 

Our plan is to offer medical, optical, and physical therapy care to this community. Every patient who receives care will hear the gospel from a member of this local church.

BUTTON TO APPLY https://mmo.managedmissions.com/MissionApplication/Start/40038 

UNABLE TO JOIN BUT STILL WANT TO HELP? UPDATE


 

UNABLE TO JOIN BUT STILL WANT TO HELP?

donate to this trip