Rearick Surgical Center Wishlist
We would like to have enough materials for at least 4 OR trays. We will mark a number if applicable.
- Book Walter retractors (4) – This is similar to an Omni-retractor
- Maryland dissector (2-4) – This is a Laparoscopic instrument
- Laparoscopic instruments suitable for arthroscopic surgery
- Large Re-usable clip applier such as disposable Ethicon Ligating clips
- Kick Buckets for ORs (2)
- Glide Scopes for anesthesia or other video laryngoscope (Approx $800 from reLink)
- Weck Clips and Endoscopic Clip Appliers
- Stronger washing machine
- Second laparoscopic monitor or television
- Battery power saw, drill and wire driver set x2, and battery charger with 12 batteries – We are currently set up with a pneumatic system.
- We are currently in the process of purchasing two new anesthesia machines.
- Zimmer ATS 3000 Automatic Tourniquet System ($402 from reLink) - necessary for future orthopedic surgeries to do a Bier Block
Wishlist for services
- Biomedical technician to help with fixing equipment and preventative maintenance.
- Sharpening service of our OR instruments (or training on how to do this)
- staplers/clips/clip appliers
- Up to date Mesh
(Donated and brought down by the team. We could use 10-15 for each general surgeon coming down doing hernia repairs.)
(Anti-fog solution used in laparoscopy)
- Tegaderm for surgical dressings
- Bladed 5mm, 10mm, and 12mm bladed trocars
(These are available reusable and disposable)
- Laparoscopic drapes
(for camera as well as for patients – we were cutting larger drapes to use)
- Small cups to sterilize for local anesthesia
- suction and irrigation tubing for the laparoscope
- better ratcheted graspers with teeth for the laparoscope
- Orthopedists have also identified sets that they will need as consumables: plates, screws, nails, etc. This would continually supplement our Small LCP plate and Screw Frag Set
The following items I have identified as consumables that we need to factor into our planning. Specifically, some of these could be permanent items such as drapes or gowns that we re-sterilize perhaps, but others will need to be replaced regularly.
- Sterile Gloves
(I have many but age will deteriorate these quickly)
- Covers for the surgical equipment
(Mayo Stand covers, back table, Sterile Handle Covers for OR lights)
I believe there are ways that individuals could purchase suitable material and sew reusable covers for us. With good communication and proper sewing technique, this would ultimately save on our expense of consumable products.
- Patient Drapes
- Sterile Bulb Syringes
- Suture Books
- Towel Racks
- FiO2 monitor
- N2O tanks/lines
- End tidal gas analyzer
(for volatile agent monitoring)
- Flow meter
(for measuring Vt delivered/expired)
- Butterfly iQ ultrasound
- Video laryngoscope
- McGrath with disposable blades
- Glidescope Go with disposable blades
- Hemocue for h/h checks
- TIMEOUT placards/posters in the OR for safe, efficient surgical timeout pre-induction
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.